Sunday, April 20, 2014

Another day, another test... or two

Its headed towards camping season, so the first nice day I figured would be a great time to test out my gear and get ready for the season.   If you haven't figured out by now, let me tell you out right, i'm a huge Coleman fan. I've been impressed with their quality, and the easy of use of all my Coleman gear and I continue to be a happy customer.  I use their products for recreation, and I'm comfortable that in a life threatening crisis they will function equally as well.  This is a Coleman instant tent I picked up end of last season.  Its the midsize 14 X 8.  I had a devil of a time finding a place on line with the rainfly in stock, but it was worth the trouble.  Its a much better family tent compared to the 4 person, which feels like a closet to me.  It also has a interior divider so you for two people you can set the back room up for sleeping and will hold two twin air mattresses with a walk way between. The front area with the lower windows is perfect as a evening bug free sitting area.  Its sturdy, and sets up in a flash.


Now THIS little baby is not a Coleman, but it is worth its weight in gold if you are a coffee fiend like me (if the Keurig isn't a clue).  Its a Nissan thermos french press.  Coffee is a necessity at home and in camp, but usually you have to compromise on taste in the field and drink some instant powdered mud water. Well not any more! This insulated gem is stainless steel in can take a beating, and will keep your gourmet coffee warm around camp for hours.  

So what does it have to do with preparedness?  Well, add a crank coffee grinder (like i have) and vacuum seal some whole coffee beans (whole has the best shelf life) and when that little Keurig is a powerless paperweight, I can still have a great cup of joe.  Best part is that in testing it for my camping trip next week I was so impressed with the flavor i've decided to use it every weekend, when I can sit and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment