Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome

I'm Ray.  In my blog I will attempt to share all the useful (and probably some useless) bits of information, knowledge, and data that i have amassed in relationship to preparedness, urban survival, and "crisis management" on an individual and personal scale.  I am by no means an expert, So while i do take pride in sharing this info with you, I take no pride in authorship.  Disagree, discuss, argue, and add on if you choose, I only share my humble thoughts and opinions, and what I have learned in hopes that it will help someone else as many have helped me.


About me:  I've been what is now fashionably called a "Prepper" since 1998 as I started taking steps to ensure the safety and security of my family with the Y2K looming.  More honestly I learned the art or preparedness from my parents.  They were both "Depression" babies raised in the south, so we always had a well stocked pantry.  Mom would send me to the basement to get a can or jar and say "move the rest forward". When we put up groceries it was always "put the new ones in the back".  I learned FIFO (first in, first out) inventory management before i could read it.  Now at age 50, knowing my family is depending on me, preparedness is not an option, its my responsibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment