Friday, January 6, 2017

Slow and steady...

So its been really busy the last few months.  I barely have time for my Scouts, because work has got me so busy, but I always keep an eye on the clouds ever lurking.  I seems the ammo crisis has completely subsided, IF it ever really existed.  The conspiracy theorist in me says the company just used the media to rake some easy money off the table.  That being said, i have been picking up a few boxes of ammo and increasing my inventory.  One of the newest and interesting products I've come across is American Eagle's Syntech range ammunition.  Instead of a full copper jacket, the bullet is coated with a polymer.  Theoretically the typical fouling and deposits that occur from shooting will be reduced.  The manufacturer also says they are made with a special "cleaner burning" powder that will reduce the deposits.


I have only been to the range twice with them, but i will say that cleaning was easier.   Its not a full scientific comparison, because since i have switched to frog lube, any cleaning is far less of a chore.  In any event,  I have added "a few" 😉 boxes to my inventory, taking full advantage of Gander Mountain's introductory sale price.

No comments:

Post a Comment