Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The "Zen" of prepping

When I think of prepping, I don't think crisis and chaos in Multicam BDUs and MREs off in the remote woods in some buried Shipping container.  When I think of prepping I relax.  I feel an inner peace.  A calm like you felt back in school when you are walking in for an exam and you have studied well so you know that you know the information.

Now, i'm not saying i'm the smartest guy around or that i am perfectly prepared for whatever the future holds. In fact, far from it.  But I can say having made some personal preparations to protect my family and myself in case of emergency allows me to have a sense of clam when a storm makes the lights flicker, or the evening news is on.

A crisis may never come, but I enjoy the peace of knowing i'm preparing every day.   No one is ever truly "ready" for a crisis because we can't be. Perfection is unattainable.  Prepping is a path we walk, not a goal to be reached.   A lifestyle, that should bring peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment