Monday, November 4, 2013

Webelos-fest 2013 at D-Bar-A Scout Ranch


After spending a 3 day weekend at the Boy Scouts D bar A Ranch I'm back.  I got a chance to do
additional field test on a bunch of my camping gear and equipment while my boy was off throwing axes, starting campfires, orientating parts of the 1500 acre ranch, and lashing branches into useful things like stretchers & shelters.   I also spent time with a bunch of dads including some Eagle Scouts, survivalist, and avid hunters swapping stories, tips, and advice.  In typical Michigan weather fashion it went from cold to sun to wind to rain to frost, and back again, all in one weekend.



I'll be doing some in depth reviews of some of the things we used in the following weeks.

And a big thanks to Boy Scout Troop 179 for sponsoring the weekend event.

No comments:

Post a Comment