Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Everybody needs these two radios

Its just my opinion but information is critical.  In a crisis news can save your life.  Here is my two Midland's XT511 emergency crank radio.  Its gets both AM and FM as well as weather band.  It also transmits on the standard GMRS walkie talkie frequencies so for me it can act as a base station for my other coms. You can plug it in or use the hand crank to power it in a blackout
key ways of getting information.  On the right is the "preppers standard",

I really like this radio and they are cheap enough where there is no excuse for every household not to have one.  You can find them on Ebay for around 60 dollars with free shipping

The second one is for a little more advanced, in that its a Uniden Bearcat BC355C scanner.  While its just a basic model, it gets Police dispatch, fire rescue, and EMS.   To be able to listen and know what is happening around you directly during and emergency, as appose to waiting for traditional news reports could buy you some much needed time if you decide to evacuate. These are on Ebay at about 80 dollars but you may want to add in some money to pick up and upgraded the antenna. I personally bought a much better suction cup window mount antenna, and the cigarette adapter cord.

I own, have tested, and rely on both of these radios to keep me informed in case of an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment